Towards Version 1.027 Nov 2022
With the recent 0.93 release, The Force Engine is now feature-complete for the version 1.0 release. Since then, I have been busy burning through bugs and issues but there is still work to be done. Now that the build seems to be stable and many AI and INF issues have been fixed, I decided to compile a list of bugs and tasks remaining for version 1.0.
I have made these items checkboxes, so that I can update this list as progress is made.
Version 1.0 Task List
- [ ] Add a portable option which will cause TFE to store everything (screenshots, settings, saves) in the local TFE directory instead of /Documents/TheForceEngine. (Post 1.0, planned to align with cross-platform work)
- Update Readme, Credits, and Manual.
- Update website (downloads page, media).
- Enable an option to turn off music while menus are active as a work around for music issues, in this case, with real midi hardware.
- Fix the adjustable HUD to use the end caps provided by the community.
- Add a always try to face the player when attacking option to Boba Fett. This makes it so he plays a bit closer to how he does with maximum cycles in DosBox. His current behavior is correct, but he appears a bit dumb and easy due to problems with his original AI. This option will greatly improve that and make fighting him much more fun. The work for this is already complete, the task is to make it optional and expose it to the settings and UI.
- Confirmation Prompts - lack-confirmation-prompts
- Dark Tide 2 AT-ST turret firing - dark-tide-st-shoots-projectiles
- Speed bug when dying with LABUG enabled - labug-death-bug
- Turning off the Menu UI is not preserved - turning-off-menu-ui-preserved
- Automap should be scrollable without affecting the player - scrolling-on-automap-overlay
- Last pass over general AI, Phase 1 Dark Trooper, and Kell Dragon to validate AI.
- Overlapping/intersecting adjoins causing HOM artifacts - issue 133
- Executor window viewing sky, not the sector showing the smuggler ship - issue 134
- Hud scaling not working like software renderer - gpu-renderer-hud-bug
- Weapon not displayed correctly at 320x200 - weapon-model-aspect-ratio-issue
- Fix ending visuals (erupting) in the level Mt. Kurek.
- In some user levels, such as Condition Red, sky alignment is incorrect.
- In some user levels, such as Imperial Academy, sign alignment is incorrect.
- Changing aspect ratio does not update correctly until after restart, unlike the software renderer - weapon-model-aspect-ratio-issue
- Loading a level or returning from the PDA causes a “flash” due to the asynchronous palette/colormap update.
- Correctly display the grayscale background when the Escape menu is active, like the software renderer.
- [ ] Correct sprite / wall clipping.(Post-1.0, very minor visual issue)