November 1, 2020 First Official Release
- The Force Engine UI complete.
- Direct mod loading from zip files.
- Game setup and selection.
- Quake-style console.
- Windows support.
- Linux support (might not have distributed exe).
- Support for Dark Forces and Outlaws sector features such as slopes, dual adjoins, vertical adjoins, etc.
- Software rendering - “classic”.
- Software rendering - “perspective”.
- Hardware rendering - “classic”.
- Hardware rendering - “perspective”.
- OpenGL, audio, mouse/keyboard input, controller input, etc.
- Built-in level editor “preview” (incomplete level editor).
- Built-in asset viewer.
- Some built-in asset editing (i.e. export, import, create GOB/LAB, etc.).
- Dark Forces Complete (Beta).
- Dark Forces is fully playable, including mods.
- 100% INF functionality, including mods.
- Full iMuse implementation with hardware midi support.
- Full Cutscene implementation.
- Full Game UI implementation.
- Full game flow implementation.
- AI complete using reverse engineered behaviors.
- Player movement and collision using reverse engineered behavior (i.e. the “real deal”).
- Dark Forces save game support (use your existing save games).
- Outlaws in “tech demo” state (Alpha).
- Basic level rendering.
- “OGG” based music playback.
- Incomplete Game UI and game flow.
- The ability to play levels and interact based on Dark Forces code. Enemy AI will be incomplete and weapons likely missing.
- No multiplayer (yet).
The items listed below represent timeframes for major feature sets. Early on there will likely be many small releases, to fix bugs not caught during testing. However I won’t have a feel for the proper release cadance for a while, so any release timeframes are subject to change.
Early releases focus on finishing the core functionality - Outlaws single player, the editors and then multiplayer.
Outlaws Single Player (Early December)
- Bug fixes (to be filled in).
- Outlaws Single Player Complete (including single player Mods).
- Outlaws AI complete.
- Outlaws Level Interactivity Complete.
- Outlaws UI & Gameflow Complete.
- Outlaws Cutscenes.
- Level Editor “complete” (i.e. fully usable).
- Improvements to asset tools, including the ability to convert assets (such as FBX).
- The ability to create levels/mods using either the Dark Forces (LEV) or Outlaws (LVT/LVB) format.
Multiplayer (Febuarary / March)
- Outlaws multiplayer, based on the original game.
- Dark Forces multiplayer.